Saturday, October 2, 2010

What Color are your GUTS Part 2!

This is the results of yesterdays dying of gut:



I also experimented with mixing the colors:

I am loving the red/yellow and the blue. There is not enough difference in the color of the green for me and for my project I really think that reddish one is where I want to go with it. This is all a single layer of gut put on styrofoam to dry. The Styrofoam gives it this really cool texture that I want to play up in the future. I have also found that it looks the best when it is still attached to the metal and hasn't been pulled off the first time. I did find; however, that you can re-wet the gut and smooth it back over the metal to get a similar effect. I have also found that mod podge sufficiently coats the metal so it does not stick and seems to protect it slightly from the wetness of the gut. 

Also, a single layer of gut can be dried in about 5 minutes with a hair dryer on a low setting. 

1 comment:

OperationDenpong said...

i ilke the golden color one. the first one on this page. i think its actually going really well. because i think the color of the copper and the gut is really cohesive.

but i dont mind the blue and the green as much either.

the layering to make the purple is actually quite nice. if it was to actually just wrap around the object. because i dont like it when you see the sheet of gut. but im sure those wont be there.

so im totally diggin it