Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nazi Gnomes


I don't know whether to find this funny or to take offense to it. In the New Zealand Herold (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10603559) ran a story about 1250 Nazi satire gnomes running in a display in German. One thing I didn't know was you are not allowed to display Nazi symbols in German. I am sure this is to keep the peace, but nevertheless it's an interesting fact.


The goverment of German is allowing the Army of Nazi Gnomes to be displayed because it is clearly a satire. I think its funny that you can't display nazi images but you can make fun of them. Isn't someone who is going to display nazi images gonna see the wrong message in these gnomes? I don't think there is a totally clear message in them. Plus, 20 are painted gold of the 1250 and the rest are black. I wonder if the 20 have any significance. The article wasnt very specific.


I guess this is just very odd to me. I have never been one for installations. They are neat and all but, I just lack a point in them I guess.

No comments: